ASI values its relationship with you and recognizes that customer trust is a fundamental element to any successful relationship. ASI will protect your privacy and the personal information we use to provide you with superior products and services. We want you to understand how we protect the confidentiality of all personal information obtained in the course of doing business with you. Our pledge is to protect your privacy whether this information is received by mail, telephone, Internet, or in person.
- We gather information from you, your transactions with us, and outside sources.
- We use your information only to conduct our business and provide insurance to you.
- We will share your information with your selected agent or broker.
- We will not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We limit access to your information and use safeguards to help protect it.
- You may review and correct your information.
What information do you collect about me?
We collect information about you to quote and service your insurance policy. This is called “Nonpublic Personal Information” if it identifies you and is not available to the public. Depending on the product, we collect this information from some or all of the following sources. We’ve provided a few examples for each source, but not all may apply to you.
- Application Information: You provide this on your application, through your agent or broker, by phone, or online. We may also obtain it from directories and other outside sources. It includes your name, street and e-mail addresses, phone number, driver’s license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, and information about other drivers.
- Consumer Report Information: We obtain this from consumer reporting agencies. It includes your driving record, claims history with other insurers, and credit report information. The information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law.
- Transaction Information: This is information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. It includes your insurance coverages, limits and rates, and payment and claims history. It also includes information that we require for billing and payment.
- Web Site Information: This information is unique to Internet transactions. It includes the Web site that linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some Web sites, including ours, may also store "cookies" on your computer. Cookies collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. They can also save certain information entered by you. Some of our Web sites contain more information about our Web site privacy practices. Please read it when using the sites.
Who might get information about me from you?
We will share information about you only as permitted by law. We will not share your Nonpublic Personal Information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent. There is no need to “opt out” or tell us not to do this.
Disclosures include those that we feel are required to provide insurance claims or customer service, prevent fraud, perform research or comply with the law. Recipients include, for example, our family of insurance companies, claims representatives, service providers, consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents and brokers, law enforcement, courts and government agencies. These parties may disclose the information to others as permitted by law. For example, Consumer reporting agencies may disclose Transaction Information received from us to other insurance companies with which you do business. Where permitted by law, we may also disclose Application or Transaction Information to service providers that help us market our products. These service providers may include financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
How do you protect my information?
We restrict access to your Nonpublic Personal Information to our employees and others who we feel must use it to provide our products and services. Their use of the information is limited by law, our employee code of conduct, and written agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
How can I review and correct information you have about me?
We will also name anyone we show as having received the information within two years prior to your request. Finally, we will identify the companies that have provided Consumer Report Information about you.
You may review the information at our offices or receive a copy of it for a fee to cover our costs. We will not provide information that we feel is privileged, such as information about insurance claims or lawsuits.
To correct information about you, send a written request as described above, explaining your desired correction. Within 30 business days, we will either make the requested correction or tell you why we will not. We cannot correct Consumer Report Information, such as your credit report. To do this, you must contact the consumer reporting agency that provided it.
If we make a requested correction, we will notify you in writing. We will also notify anyone named by you who may have received the information within the previous two years. If required by law, we will also notify others who may have given it to or received it from us. If we refuse to make the requested correction, you may file with us a concise written statement about why you object, including the information you think is correct. Your statement will then become part of your file. It will be sent to the same persons to whom we would send a copy of any correction or change.
This notice is being provided on behalf of ASI and its affiliates. ASI functions as an insurance group with multiple companies under a common umbrella. The Progressive Corporation holds a controlling interest in ARX Holding Corp.
American Strategic Insurance Corp.
ASI Assurance Corp.
ASI Preferred Insurance Corp.
ASI Select Insurance Corp.
Progressive Property Insurance Company
ASI Select Auto Insurance Corp
ASI Services, Inc.
ASI Home Insurance Corp.
Sunshine Security Insurance Agency, Inc.