Apron Relief Program
Extra support during the COVID-19 crisis
We hope you and your family are healthy and holding up well through the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). While COVID-19 is causing disruption in our lives and communities, we’re committed to making sure that you have the protection and support you need.
Between April 1, 2020 and May 15, 2020, we paused cancellations due to nonpayment and waived late fees. We’re resuming our normal billing practices but will continue to adjust our processes to meet state requirements. If you’re behind on your payment and need help, please give us a call so we can assist you. You may experience a longer hold time than usual; we appreciate your patience. If you’re able to pay your balance today, consider using the link on your statement to make a payment.
Introducing the Apron Relief Program
To us, the apron is a symbol of protection. That’s why we’re assisting our customers, employees, communities, and agents by committing over $1 Billion to them in this time of need.
To our customers
Assistance with coverage and payments
During this unprecedented time, we know you may be experiencing stress and financial hardship. While you’re doing your part to fight the pandemic, we’re committed to being there in your time of need. With that in mind, here are some steps we’re taking to make things a little easier:
Personal auto premium credit
- If you have an active personal auto policy at the end of April, you’ll receive a credit for 20% of your April premium. We’ll offer the same 20% credit to active personal auto customers at the end of May, and we may offer additional credits in the upcoming months.
- There’s nothing you need to do. We’ll automatically calculate your credit at the end of each month, and then you’ll see it reflected in your account within a few weeks. If you have a balance on your policy, we’ll apply the credit directly to your remaining balance. And if you’re already paid in full, we’ll return the money to the payment account we have on file—so please make sure your payment details are up to date.
- This credit is subject to approval by state regulators.
In addition to helping with payments and coverage, we are:
Supporting first responders, health care workers, and delivery personnel
First responders, health care workers, and delivery drivers are at the front lines of the crisis, and we’re doing everything we can to help by:
- Providing expedited roadside assistance
- Expanding coverage for personal auto customers who are temporarily delivering food or medicine
- Offering meal delivery for our for-hire truckers
- Providing a full-service claims experience for first responders and health care workers who experience a car accident. We’re providing transportation to work and expediting tow and vehicle repairs. And if needed, we’re deferring deductibles and providing a rental vehicle.
Helping customers get back on the road
We know finances might be tight. To help, we’re deferring deductibles for those who need a personal vehicle repaired and can’t pay out of pocket.
Offering tailored solutions
Now more than ever, every customer’s situation is different. Our priority is to keep you covered, so we’re working with customers individually to develop solutions that work for them.
To our employees
We’ve enabled the vast majority of our employees to work from home. Additionally, we’re supporting our workforce financially by:
- Providing advances on our annual bonus program
- Providing advances on vacation days and paid leave for those who are unable or uncomfortable continuing to work
- Covering co-pays for telemedicine visits and the cost of COVID-19 medical treatment
To our communities
We’ve funded an $8 million donation by the Progressive Foundation. This donation will go to charities focused on hunger, health, and homelessness, including Feeding America, the American Red Cross, and the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
To our agents
We’re continuing to invest in helping our agents succeed by:
- Partnering with agent associations to provide direct relief through grants to help agents address the new challenges presented by the virus
- Enhancing programs for Platinum and Priority agents to provide more opportunities to earn in this changing market
- Offering producers in our partner programs unlimited access to continuing education courses and increasing opportunities for all producers to earn through our Agent Rewards program
- Continuing to support agents with 24x7 servicing for their customers and virtual visits from our sales team
For more information on the Apron Relief Program and our efforts during the pandemic, please view our press release.
Getting in touch
Your safety is always our top priority:
- You can easily manage your policy online. And, our phone lines are always open at (866) 274-8765—just know that call wait times may be a little longer than usual.
- You can also report or check on the status of a claim online, or by calling (866) 274-8765. To protect your health and safety, as well as ours, we’re limiting in-person claims interactions as much as possible through virtual contacts and inspections.
This is a situation that none of us have been through before. New questions are sure to continue to arise, and we will do our best to help. We’ll continue to monitor and respond to this situation as it evolves, and we will be here for you when you need us.
We wish you and your loved ones well, and we thank you for being a Progressive customer.