About the Claims Process
At ASI, we understand that the claims process can be overwhelming for policyholders. That’s why we aim to uphold the promise we sell by providing superior customer service, while restoring the livelihood of our policyholders. We have developed a highly specialized claims force for an immediate response following an unfortunate event or disaster. You can count on us to pay what is owed quickly and efficiently.
ASI Claims Service Benefits
Our policyholders are our top priority. We are committed to a stress-free claims experience and offer a variety of services to all of our customers, including:
- 24/7 emergency service team availability
- Superior customer service
- A multi-state network of expert professionals, both in-house and in-field
- Prompt claims handling for a stress-free process
What happens during the claim process?
We will be with you every step of the way through your claim process. Once you report a claim to ASI, you will hear from one of our professional Claims Representatives — most often within 24 business hours. We are here to guide you through the process and assist you along the way.
A standard claims process typically involves the following steps:
- The claim is reported to ASI by the agent or the insured.
- Our Claims Center will assign a claim number and an adjuster to the claim.
- The Adjuster will review loss information, collect photos, receipts and estimates if necessary.
- The Adjuster will contact the insured or their representative to schedule an inspection. Inspections are performed by an ASI Field Adjuster or Independent Adjuster.
- Only an ASI Adjuster will review coverage for the reported damage in accordance with the policy terms and conditions.
- One of two things will occur:
1. Payment for covered damage is issued minus deductible and policy restriction amounts.
2. A letter of explanation is mailed to the insured in accordance with the policy terms and conditions.
How long does this process take?
The amount of time taken for claims to be processed depends on the extent and type of damage you are claiming. Many claims can be resolved within 30 days of the initial report. However, others can take longer. By working with us, you can keep the process moving so that your claim is resolved as soon as possible.
Learn More About Claims and Loss Prevention
Explore the links below to learn more about the claims process, loss prevention solutions or information about your policy. We also welcome you to call our Claims Department at 866-274-5677 for any questions or email us at email@example.com. In any communication, please reference your claim number or policy number.
Please note that this section highlights examples of safety precautions that you can consider to help prepare yourself, others and your personal property for a disaster. Please recognize that a particular precaution may not be appropriate or effective in every circumstance. We encourage you to use your own good judgment about what is appropriate. Please reference our Legal Statement for additional disclaimers.