Why should I buy homeowners insurance?
You want to feel safe and secure in your own home, without worry or stress that all you have will ever be lost. After all, your home is your prized possession and a valuable asset. Besides the fact that homeowners insurance is almost always required by your mortgage company, what better way to feel safe and secure about your biggest investment than to protect it?
If you’re buying homeowners insurance for the first time or you want to insure your dream house, ASI has your home covered.
What does homeowners insurance cover?
Some of the biggest risks—like storms, fire and theft—can be covered under a homeowners insurance policy. While individual policies are tailored to fit your needs, a comprehensive property and liability policy typically provides coverage for:
- The replacement value of your home and other attached structures, such as a garage or shed
- Personal property and belongings
- Living expenses, such as room and board, laundry, and meals if you have to live elsewhere while your home is being repaired
- Personal liability coverage and medical payments in the case of injury by guests in your home or on your property
Additional coverage options are also available, such as increased limits on jewelry or personal injury.
Which homeowners policy is right for me?
You’ve found the right home for you. However, now it’s just as important to have a homeowners insurance policy that fits your needs.
- If you live in a single-family home, a homeowners policy is probably best for you.
- Live in a condo? You’ll need a unique policy specifically designed for condo owners.
- Renting instead of buying? Learn about how renter insurance policies can protect you.
- If you also own a seasonal, secondary or investment property, it’s smart to consider a dwelling fire policy.
Why choose ASI?
When the going gets tough, you need a company you can depend on. With top-rated financial stability and years of experience dealing with catastrophe claims, ASI aims to be the best property insurance company in America. Contact one of our trusted independent agents, located near you and gain access to our great benefits:
- Progressive Home Advantage*
- Competitive rates and discounts
- Tailored coverage options to fit your specific needs
- The best in claims and customer service experience
- A variety of payment plan options
*Home and Auto Bundle, available in select states.